There’s always space for yet another armor tutorial, right? (ﾉ´ヮ´)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
Note that the armor I drew would be worn around 15th century, the more into the future the less and less components knight’s armor had (i. e. in early 14th century instead of greaves a knight would wear long boots only; in 12th century knights didn’t wear plate breastplates and instead a chain mail only). Also the design of armor pattern changed by year and was different in every country (i.e. in eastern Europe armors, while still looking European, were heavily influenced by Turkey). so just make sure you always do research whenever drawing an armor. And one more thing to keep in mind is that armors were expensive, knights wearing a full plate armor weren’t an often sight.
Some links that may be useful:
- Armour Archive (I strongly suggest to browse its forum, there is no country or period of which armor wouldn’t be discussed)
- Therion Arms (armorer’s page; each accessory is photographed in big resolution and several time so it’s a nice page to use as reference for drawing)
- Revival Clothing (another store, but both with medieval clothing and armors; I suggest to read the articles, they’re often supported with pictures)
- Basic Armouring:A Practical Introduction to Armour Making (pdf)
- Educational Charts (pdf, shows how armors and weapons changed over the years)
- Medieval & Renaissance Material Culture (actual medieval resources, mostly paintings. And my favourite subpage - women in armor)
- Dressing in Steel (youtube; a demonstration how to dress in armor)
- How shall a man be armed? (youtube; another demonstration but with 4 different knights from different periods)
SAINTS ROW 4, 60% OFF (€16 / $veryfew?)
FLY MY PRETTIES!
Would anyone on GW2 be interested in gifting me that permanent Captain’s Airship pass for a painted bust portrait maybe? Kinda like these. (last one’s just to showcase the style, obvs) Shoot me an email at moementm @ gmail if interested (sorry, I don’t really trust tumblr asks, they like to run off and join scarlet’s army sometimes)
TAKEN thanks guys!
I keep getting steam friend requests from people I don’t knowww
How do you people find me
"It looks like you’ve tamed the beast in me." lololol S-Rank
Only thing I could muster today Hope everyone had a lovely Valentine’s!
there are some mistakes on this but tegaki makes it impossible to fix them HAHA but I’m really proud of how it turned out *u*